Hey, beautiful people! Today is officially my first day of Summer break after completing my first-year in med school & I thought I’d start it off by catching up on some of my favorite audiobooks. If you haven’t checked out the wonderful world of audiobooks, you are missing OUT! I love audiobooks because they give me a chance to “read” on the go. I listen to them in the car during my commute, while cleaning my house, and especially during those rare moments of free time. You know, when I don’t have to study or read a million research articles, lol.
Without any further ado, here are my favorite books on Audible
What I Know For Sure by Oprah Winfrey
- This book is by far my ALL TIME favorite audiobook! I have listened to this book at least 3 times and each time I get new nuggets of wisdom that I somehow missed the first time. In this book, Oprah shares all of the amazing gems of wisdom that she has experienced & learned over her lifetime. If you are looking for the ultimate inspiration/ self-love book….look no further. This one is a must have!
Year of Yes by Shonda Rhimes
- Shonda Rhimes is simply amazing! She is the creator of my favorite shows Greys Anatomy, Scandal, & How to Get Away With Murder. In this Book, Shonda shares her experiences after making a promise to say yes for an entire year. During this year she opened herself up to new opportunities, better relationships, and a new lease on life. Trust me, you need this book in your life!
Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert
- LOL ok, everyone and their mama loves this book and for good reason! Elizabeth Gilbert narrates this audiobook and you can feel every ounce of emotion as she takes you through her divorce, subsequent meltdown, and the ups and downs of her pursuit of the greatest kind of love, self-love. If you haven’t already taken this journey with Elizabeth Gilbert then do yourself a favor & get on board!
Elon Musk: Tesla, SpaceX, and the Quest for a Fantastic Future by Ashlee Vance
- Unlike my previous 3 audiobooks, this one is not a self-help book. Instead, this book details an author’s time spent with famed entrepreneur Elon Musk. Elon Musk is the brains behind the fan favorite electric car, Tesla & has even ventured into the world of space exploration with the development of his own aerospace company, SpaceX. I find Elon Musk to be incredibly inspiring and took so many gems from this book. If you are in need of a swift kick in the ass to help you get your life together, then this is the audiobook for you!
The Power of Vulnerability by Brene Brown
- If you’ve been following me for a long time then you know that I am IN LOVE with Brene Brown. Her work with self-compassion, love, & forgiveness changed my life forever. Did I mention that we share the same wedding anniversary?? Yeah, she’s legit my faux-auntie in my head and my therapist all wrapped in one. This book, The Power of Vulnerability, cracked me wide open and helped me see that there is power and growth in being vulnerable. The good stuff in life lies just beyond our fears & this book helped me climb over those fears & rely on self-love! This book is another must have!!
I am always looking for new audiobooks to try so please leave any & all suggestions in the comments below! Also, if you’ve read any of the books that I’ve mentioned, let’s have a gab fest in the comments about how amazing (or not so amazing) they were!
Leave a Reply